The East London History Society
This was older than the park itself as it had been the entrance to an exhibition in Hyde Park. Bought for Victoria Park in 1847. It was demolished in 1956. It stood at the edge of an island which was partially filled in (1964) for a children s zoo which was never built.
To see the 'current' view from the same point, move cursor over the 'old' image. To return to 'old' image, move the cursor away from the image.