The East London History Society
This was constructed in 1847 and was for men and boys only. Another bathing lake was constructed in 1876 and in 1904 the old lake was allocated for women s bathing. Both lakes were closed for bathing in 1933 and replaced by a Lido in 1936 (removed in 1992).
To see the 'current' view from the same point, move cursor over the 'old' image. To return to 'old' image, move the cursor away from the image.