The East London History Society
The lake was dug in 1846 and almost immediately used for boating. Row boats, small motor boats or larger launches were available until the 1970s. The 1991 tea pavilion is on the site of the one visible in this 1905 post card.
To see the 'current' view from the same point, move cursor over the 'old' image. To return to 'old' image, move the cursor away from the image.