The East London History Society
View from the bridge back to Bonner Gate. The lodge was built as the main entrance into the park in 1845 but was destroyed by enemy action in 1941. The original gates were removed in 1940, the present ones date from the 1990/1 restoration of the park. These were the only iron gates, all others being made of wood.
To see the 'current' view from the same point, move cursor over the 'old' image. To return to 'old' image, move the cursor away from the image.