The East London History Society, (founded 1952) exists to further interest in the history of East London, namely the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. The Society aims to publish three newsletters a year and organizes a program of talks. It also arranges two coach outings a year.
Annual subscription (runs from 1st September to 31st August) to the Society is £5 for all members.
Please email the Society to obtain full details of membership, or Click HERE to display an ELHS membership form for printing.
The "Newsletter" is available only to members. The latest issue, Volume 3 issue 14, is for Winter 2012. A list of the contents, of the current issue, is shown below.
- ELHS Lecture Programme 2012-13.
- Notes and News.
- Letters, Queries, Requests.
- John Dore's Coppersmiths and Distillery Engineers.
- Stanley Franklin 1930 - 2004.
- The Story of Another Evacuee.
- Growing up in Hoxton Part 1 1946-1954.
- Mementoes of Tower Hamlets website.
Mail to: email@example.com