The East London History Society, (founded 1952) exists to further interest in the history of East London, namely the London Boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Newham. The Society aims to publish three newsletters a year and organizes a program of talks. It also arranges two coach outings a year.
Annual subscription (runs from 1st September to 31st August) to the Society is £5 for all members.
Please email the Society to obtain full details of membership, or Click HERE to display an ELHS membership form for printing.
The "Newsletter" is available only to members. The latest issue, Volume 3 issue 16, is for Autumn 2013. A list of the contents, of the current issue, is shown below.
- ELHS Lecture Programme 2013.
- What to Do and See.
- Letters, etc.
- Brick Land of Old.
- East End Photographers 14 - James Flude and Robert Sands.
- Phil Mernick's Email Inbox.
- Update from Columbia Rd. War Memorial Group.
- End of an Era (Tubby Isaac's Jellied Eel Stall).
- Tours: Behind the scenes at the Archaeoligical Archive.
Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org