The East London History Society
This is the “new bathing lake” opened in 1876. It was later divided into three sections for bathing, paddling and model boats. In the 1990s the two bathing sections were filled in and converted to a children’s area. The shelter to the right of the earlier picture (1905) still survives.
To see the 'current' view from the same point, move cursor over the image. To return to 'old' image, move the cursor away from the image.