R. & H. Green & Silley Weir were shipbuilders at Blackwall Yard (first opened in 1614). The Green interest started in 1796 when George Green married John Perry's daughter.

R. & H. Green began as a specific entity in 1843 and amalgamated with Silley Weir & Company in 1910. In 1977 the company merged with the London Graving Dock Company Ltd (located on the SE of Blackwall Basin in the West India Docks) to form River Thames Shiprepairers Ltd, as a division of the nationalized British Shipbuilders and continued in operation until 1987.