Tower Hamlets Numismatics
This site is intended both to show the range of numismatic items from the
area and also to provide detailed listings for those who require more
- Tower Hamlets:
- The London Borough of Tower Hamlets was created in 1965 by the merger
of the former boroughs of Bethnal Green, Poplar and Stepney.
- The collection and study of money (and coins in particular)
- Small pieces of metal, usually, flat and circular, again usually,
authorized by a government for use as money.
- Coin like objects exchangeable for goods or services but not authorised
(some rare exceptions) by a government for use as money.
- A flat piece of metal (not always) stamped with a design or an inscription
commemorating an event or a person, often given as an award.
version 2.08 - Last updated November 5, 2017