Bow Church was bombed on the night of May 10th/11th 1941. The upper section of the tower was destroyed together with most of its bells and the medieval font badly damaged. Temporary repairs enabled the church to reopen for services on December 7th 1941. This invitation card was posted on November 21st. It was 1951 before the church was fully repaired .