The Peoples Palace Technical School (opened 1890) was renamed The East London Technical College in 1896. It became a school of The University of London in 1907 and was renamed Queen Mary College in 1934. The Boy Engineers (this edition 1891) was first published in 1878 and was written by Rev. James Lukin (1828-1917). He was considered one of the 19th century's greatest experts on wood turning and lathes and published many books on those subjects. At the same time he was also rector or vicar of churches in many parts of the country, including Gloucestershire, Cambridge and Hampshire. His obituary in The Times (9th January 1917) confirmed that the vicar Lukin and the engineer Lukin were one and the same person!