This full sized milk can is made from brass so is presumably for display rather than use. In 1885 Edwin George Skidmore started as a tin plate worker at 91 Armagh Road but from 1905 he is described as a milk can maker. In 1915 he moved to 109 Fairfield Road by which time the firm is listed as E.G. Skidmore & Son. They obviously survived the war and remained at that address until 1950 although from 1948 they are described as Dairy Engineers.