These charts were produced by the UK Hydrographic Office for many of Their Majesties' Foreign or Domestic Tours. The charts were prepared by 'Chart Branch Whitehall, MS2 (Marine Science Department 2)' and were sometimes based on old charts taken from the archives. They were placed on the coffee tables in the State Lounge of the Royal Yacht Britannia. During the voyage they were available to members of the Royal Household. When the Royal Yacht Britannia was in harbour, they were also available, as souvenirs, to those guests invited to gatherings in the Lounge. They seem to be rather rare.
n.b. Any itinerary entries shown in italics are stages of the tour without any Royals on board.
Click any of the buttons below to view the Souvenir Chart for that Tour.
- 1978 Royal Visit to The Channel Islands
- 1978 Royal Visit to West Germany
- 1979 Royal Visit to Denmark
- 1980 Royal Tour of The Cinque Ports
- 1980 Tour of France by HRH The Prince of Wales
- 1980 Royal Tour of Italy and North Africa
- 1981 Tour of Devon and Cornwall by the HM The Queen Mother
- 1981 State Visit to Norway and visit to Shetland
- 1982 Royal Visit to Australia and The Pacific
- 1982 Visit to The Cinque Ports by HM The Queen Mother
- 1984 Visit to Ancona and Venice by HM The Queen Mother
- 1984 Royal Visit to Canada
- 1984 Visit to The Channel Islands by HM The Queen Mother
- 1985 Royal Visit to The Caribbean
- 1985 Royal Visit to the West Country and Scilly Isles
- 1986 Royal Visit to New Zealand and Australia
If you have any further information, or charts, Please contact me using the email address shown below.
Hosted by www.mernicks.com at www.mernick.org.uk/cc/Tours
Webmaster: Harry Mernick
Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org