INH found the following about John Bacon.
Born in 1818 in Normanton Derbyshire, son of Derbyshire collier Daniel Bacon.
John Bacon 32 married Hannah Buckler at Church Gresley 19th August 1860. Recorded at the time as a resident
Additional information found, courtesy of Pat Halfpenny.
- John Bacon, was born 13th August 1817 in South Normanton, Derbyshire. Parents Daniel (coal miner) and
- Hanna born 1819 Stockingford, Nuneaton, Warwickshire Census.
- 1841 no record found.
- 1851 Harborne Staffs, John Bacon, 34, born Nuneaton, Potter. The born Nuneaton declaration is
thought to be an error.
- 1861 Ilkeston, lodger, John Bacon, 43, born Derbyshire South Normanton, Stone bottle maker.
Nuneaton, Swan Lane, lodger, Hannah Bacon, 42, born Warwickshire, Stockingford, with
Maria Buckler 65 w(idow?), head, (mother?) Martha Buckler 35 (sister?) all Silk handloom
- 1871 Nuneaton, Stockingford, 1 Swan Lane
John Bacon, 52, born Derbyshire, South Normanton, Thrower xxx?
Hannah Bacon, 52, born Warwickshire, Nuneaton. Worsted weaver.
- 1881 Nuneaton, Swan Lane, John Bacon, 63, born Derbyshire Normington (sic), Potter Earth(enware)
Mfr. Hannah Bacon, 62, born Warwickshire, Stockingford, silk weaver.
- 1883 John Bacon died 25th March 1883 at Nuneaton aged 65, still married to Hannah.
- 1885 Hannah Bacon died 24th October 1885 at Nuneaton. Personal estate £236 6s. 2d.
I found no record of children from the marriage.
No record, other than birth before 1851 and even that might be for the wrong person. There were other John Bacons in Derbyshire at the same time.
John Bacon, potter may have been a journeyman rather than a prince.